If your Wave's light bar is stuck with a solid purple light (some might also describe it as pink), that means it's stuck in "update mode," and for some reason, it hasn't been able to successfully finish updating.
Here's something you can try:
If the purple light turns off, you're all set! You can go back to using your Wave.
If the purple light does not turn off or if you see flashing lights:
- Temporarily disable wifi on your phone.
- Open the mobile app.
- The app might automatically start updating within 10-20 seconds. If it asks you to pair, tap "Confirm" or "Pair Device" (depending on whether the app is trying to connect to an existing Wave or pair with a new Wave). Ignore any prompt from the app to hold down the center of the light bar, as that will interrupt the upgrade process. Do not touch the buttons on the Wave until the update completes.
- If it doesn't automatically update, tap the ⚙️ icon at the top right hand corner to open Settings.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- Tap Pair if your devices do not start pairing automatically.
- You can now return to your phone's settings and turn wifi back on.
If that still doesn't work, never fear! There are two more things you can try:
Delete and reinstall the Embr Wave app on your phone.
Temporarily install the app on a friend's phone or tablet. If you're able to do that, go through the regular account creation steps, up until you're asked to pair (you will not be able to pair while your Wave is in update mode). Then:
- Ignore any prompt from the app to hold down the center of the light bar and just tap Confirm. This will allow the phone to detect that your Wave is update mode and will prompt it to automatically start the update again.
- Do not touch the buttons on the Wave until the update completes.
- Once you've completed the update, tap the ⚙️ icon to open Settings and tap Unpair before going back to your phone.
- On your own phone, toggle Bluetooth a few times and restart your phone (these two steps may be overkill, but may be worth it to be on the safe side!).
- Then open the Embr Wave app. If you're taken to the login screen, follow the on-screen instructions as if setting up a new device.
- If you're taken to the Embr Wave Unpaired screen again,tap the ⚙ icon to enter Settings.
- Tap Pair New Device (below Temp Mode toward the bottom of the screen):
- Follow the prompts on the screen to pair your Embr Wave. Make sure you see the green light pattern before tapping Confirm.