If your Wave's light bar is flashing red and yellow/orange continually for hours (or days), there may be a problem with the temperature sensor.
We recommend charging your Wave for 2-3 hours and then trying out a factory reset. You can read instructions and follow along to a short video here:
PLEASE NOTE: As you will not be able to turn your Wave off when having this issue, you can start from step 2 in the video (triggering the green pairing light pattern.
If the reset doesn't work, please send us a message, and we'll be happy to help!
Prefer to read instead of watching the video? Follow these steps:
- Charge your Embr Wave for 2-3 hours before proceeding. When you're ready to begin, make sure your Embr Wave is unplugged.
- Press and hold the center of the light bar for about 4-5 seconds. Let go when the green pairing light pattern appears.
- Press and hold the right (+)/warming side of the light bar for 4 seconds and then release. The light bar will briefly flash white and then turn purple, indicating that it's in reset mode.
- In your phone's Settings, find any instances of Embr Wave on your Bluetooth list and tap Forget this device.
- Switch your Bluetooth off and then back on a few times (in Settings and not in the Control Center).
- Open up the Embr Wave app.
- The latest firmware update will start downloading automatically within 10-20 seconds. The light bar on your device will briefly flash blue and then turn yellow while the update is in progress.
- Once the update is complete, tap the gear ⚙ icon to enter Settings.
- Tap Pair New Device (below Temp Mode toward the bottom of the screen) and follow the prompts on the screen to finish the pairing process. Make sure you see the green light pattern before tapping Confirm.
TIP: If you’re having trouble getting the green light pattern to appear, you can try pressing and holding both sides of the light bar with your thumbs for 4-5 seconds. Let go as soon as the green light pattern starts and then tap Confirm.