This troubleshooting article is for Wave 2. Click here to get help connecting your Wave 1.
If you're not able to connect your Wave 2 device to the Wave 2 app, here are a few things to check:
- Did you press the blank button? When you first take your Wave 2 out of the box, press the blank button. If you don't see the white light come on, you may need to charge your Wave before using it. From there, check out the following directions to get connected.
- Is your Wave 2 near the device you're trying to connect it to? If they're too far apart, they may have trouble finding each other. We recommend having both your Wave and your smartphone/tablet in front of you when trying to connect.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on your smartphone? Bluetooth is required to allow your phone and Wave to talk to each other.
- Enable Bluetooth for iOS devices
- Enable Bluetooth for Android devices
- If you have an iPhone, you may also need to enable Bluetooth specifically for the Wave 2 app in your phone’s privacy settings. Go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth and check to see that you've turned on Bluetooth for the Embr Wave app.
- Did you accept Bluetooth and location services permissions in the app when you first logged in? As mentioned above, Bluetooth is required for your Wave to connect to the app. Similarly, location services help the app lock into the device's Bluetooth connection. If not, we recommend signing in with an alternate email or account type to start the process over.
- Does your Wave 2 need to be charged? Your Wave may have a harder time connecting over Bluetooth if the battery is too low.
- Place your Wave 2 onto the provided charger to let it power up.
- You should see a green glowing light while your Wave is charging. The light will turn solid green when it reaches a full charge, which usually takes about 2 hours.
- Remove your Wave from the charger and open the Wave 2 app.
- Navigate to the Feel tab, and press the ‘Connect’ button. If you still can’t get connected, look for a button that says “Add Device”. You may need to navigate to the Settings tab and select “Add/Remove Device” before you see this button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to try connecting your Wave again.
- Are you holding the dotted button until the glowing white light comes on? Press and hold the dotted button for 5-6 seconds, until you see the center light starts to slowly blink white.
- Start with your Wave off (no lights). If you’re using your Wave to warm or cool, first turn your device off by holding down either button for 1-2 seconds until the center light goes out, indicating your Wave is now off.
- Then, hold down the dotted button for 5-6 seconds until the center light starts to glow white.
- Once you see the white light, tap ‘Add Device’ to let your Wave and smartphone connect. If your phone asks you to pair over Bluetooth, accept or confirm the pairing request.
If you've connected your Wave 2 to your phone previously but are being prompted to 'Connect' every time you open the app, try the steps listed here.